Friday, September 30, 2011

Copyright, Fair Use &Saftey

What I have learned so far?
I have learned that you can add a u-tube video to your blog page.  When doing so, you will need to add the information of where you recieved the video and give the reference of where you recieved it.  You do not want to just take a video that someone else made themselves and use it as your own and try to take credit for that.  It is also wrong when people record a movie onto dvd's and then sell them and make profit off of something that is not even theirs in the first place.  That is not fair and if you get caught doing this you could recieve fines or even jail time.  If a teacher wants to record a television show such as "Animail Planet", it is ok for them to record it and then let the students watch that in class.  That is not breaking any of the copyright laws. 
How do you feel about it?
I am really excited about know how to post utube videos.  Haha, I am so computer deprived it is ridiculous.  I am lucky to have Ms. Lin show me how to actually do that.  Now that I do know how this is done I will probably be putting more u-tube vidoes on my blogger.  I am really interested in working out and living a healthy lifestyle.  I really like watching UFC fighting as well and George St. Pierre is my favorite fighter.  You may see some footage from him on my blogger.  It really is amazing that we are allowed to have access to videos and footage like this.  I also hope that I stick to the copyright laws now that I know what they are.  Those laws are serious because you could get fined or jail time if they are violated.


 Additional information:

"Copyright for Educators" at http://www.copyrighteducation.org/ hosted by KOCE-TV. You can find series youtube video clips at YouTube.com

Below is a video clip of "Copyright for Educators (Multimedia Guidelines)"




2 comments:

  1. I agree, i think it's pretty neat that you can share other things you have seen with other people. Giving credit to those people are very important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lana,

    I too was excited to see the video show up on my blog and I hope to find the opportunity to do it again in my own time.

    Angeline Bower

    ReplyDelete