Friday, September 23, 2011

Mapping Activity

I really did not know a whole lot about mapping websites before this assignment.  Search engines are really important for the research process.  I have pretty much used research process throughout high school and also through college.  It helps you find out any information you could possibly need or imagine.  I really love using wikipedia it is a great search engine source for me.  Wikipedia is a way to search anything that you need to know about.  You can find out whatever you need from this search engine. It is a great way to find out anything you could possibly need to help you out with through school or just information that you are lacking that may benefit you through what you need to know just in general throughout life.  This will really help me through my years while trying to further my education.

I will be able to incorporate what I learned by using the mapping process during the future as a student.  As I use computer technology while I am in school it helps me understand things that I am learning in class to the full extent.  So if I do not understand exactly what my professor was teaching in the classroom I can just use different search engines to help me find the exact information that I am looking for.  Also as a teacher I want my students to understand and get all of the information they need.  If I can not provide all of the information needed for the student to recieve the information needed to their full potential I will let them know how mapping can be used and what it has to offer them in meeting the goals they need to be completely successful in my classroom.  I want my students to know that whatever they cannot understand is easily discoverable through computer technology.  They may just have to put a little extra reasearh into what they do not exactly comprehend but it is possible through this to make that happen. 

Mapping can be a great resouce for students that are needing to use sites for their classes throughout their school years.  They need to know references, history of the website, and contacts that are made.  A lot of instructors want to know this information so that they know the students are not just copying the exact information given from the websites used by the students.  This seems to be fair and understandable so that students cannot just copy information given from a certain website or web page.  In certain projects given by instructiors they want a lot of different information given on a certain subject and mapping will allow the students to do this.  This will allow students to go above and beyond what the instructors are looking for and this will be a really great impact for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lana, I agree with you about this mapping process. I didn’t know anything about computers before I started college. I think this class will benefit us for the future. As educator we need all of the knowledge we can get about computers!

    Marcus Bills

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW, i agree with what you are saying mapping activity is a great tool to get on for additional information. it will help students go into deeper detail with great information to share with the class.


    Corey Venters

    ReplyDelete